Now that you have completed 6 months of your journey towards health and wellbeing it’s time to remove the ORBERA® balloon and strike out on your own (with a little bit of help from your support team of course).
Removal of the balloon takes around 20-30 minutes, similar to when you had it inserted, and you will remain under the care of your professional health care team for the next 6 months.
During the removal procedure, you will be sedated & your doctor will remove the sterile salt water from the balloon before removing the deflated balloon from your stomach.
It is very important that you continue seeing your professional support team on a regular basis during this final 6 months of the program as this will set the foundations for the future.
Important preparations for removal of the ORBERA® balloon:
- No solid food 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- No liquids 12 hours prior to the procedure.
Arrange to have assistance when you return home from the clinic.
What results can you expect?
People participating in the ORBERA® Programme can expect significant weight loss in the first 3 months*1-3
The amount of weight you lose and how you maintain that weight loss will depend on how well you adopt lifestyle changes related to eating & exercise.
*Weight Loss varies from person to person.
1. Herve J et al. What becomes of patients one year after the intragastric balloon has been removed? Obes Surg, 2005;15:864-870
2. Hodson RM et al. Management of obesity with the new intragastric balloon. Obes Surg, 2001;11:327-329
3. Sallet JA et al. Brazilian multicentre study of the intragastric balloon, Obes Surg. 2004;14:991-998
What Is The Orbera Journey?
Fill out your details below to calculate your BMI.
Calculate your BMI
Warning – BMI may not always be an accurate measure of Obesity.