Costing for 6 Month Program is $6000 which includes:
- Theatre fees, endoscopy fees, aesthetic fees for balloon insertion
- Theatre fees, endoscopy fees, aesthetic fees for balloon removal
- Initial consultation with psychologist, initial consultation with dietician
- Gastric balloon diet program
- Gastric balloon information pack
- Intravenous fluids for on day of insertion
- 6 months of follow ups with Dr Froomes from the day of balloon insertion
People who use the ORBERA® Program correctly can:
- Lose up to 10-15kg of excess weight within six months*
- Achieve a seven times higher weight loss at 24 months (11.2kg) than those relying on diet alone (1.5kg)1-3
- Lose more than 20 per cent excess weight in six months1-3
- Maintain, on average, 89% of that weight loss at two years1-3
*Weight Loss varies from person to person.
1. Herve J et al. What becomes of patients one year after the intragastric balloon has been removed? Obes Surg, 2005;15:864-870
2. Hodson RM et al. Management of obesity with the new intragastric balloon. Obes Surg, 2001;11:327-329
3. Sallet JA et al. Brazilian multicentre study of the intragastric balloon, Obes Surg. 2004;14:991-998
- Health Insite
- ‘Your gateway to reliable health information’ managed by the Australian Government.
- Virtual Medical Centre
- Health Insite partner: interactive health site with lots of useful information, links and calculators.
- Health Eating Club
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Better Health Channel
- Inspire Foundation
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
- The Cancer Council Australia
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- The Jean Hailes Foundation for Women's Health
- Gastric Banding Procedure
Fill out your details below to calculate your BMI.
Calculate your BMI
Warning – BMI may not always be an accurate measure of Obesity.